TYPO3 v10.x. x weird bug (English/French switcher)

Hi,
After the migration to Typo3 v10.4.21 from Typo3 v9.5.31 I have the English/French language change button that does not work. When the button is ‘English’ I click, the content of the page changes in English but the button remains ‘English’ that normally it changes in ‘French’ as before (In version 9.x.x)
Please, what could be the cause of this bug?
Thank you.

Hi @haroun,
could you please give some more information about your fluid template and your Typoscript ?
Regards
Robert

Hi Robert,
Which file would you like to see please?

Hi @haroun,
Please add to your description of the problem your Typoscript for generating the language menu and the fluid template to show your language menu.

Hi Robert
Thank you so much, can you show me where I can find Typoscript for generating the language menu and the fluid template to show my language menu please.

Thank you.

Hi @haroun,
I have the impression that you have little experience with TYPO3, so it is not easy to help you. TYPO3 is very variable and there are some possibilities to realize language menus. So probably the best is to give someone who has more experience with TYPO3 an access to your installation, so he/she can get an own impression to help you.

Have you taken a look into the documentation?
Many regards
Robert

Hi Robert,
It’s true! I am new in the world of Typo3. Only in 2 months I was able to migrate a whole site from typo3 v9.x.x. to v10.x. x
although I have more than 23 years of experience in IT analysis and development, I find that Typo3 is another very different world. Here is “Language.html” file that is responsible for language menus in the site.

{namespace bk2k = BK2K\BootstrapPackage\ViewHelpers}
<f:if condition="{languagenavigation}">

<f:for each="{languagenavigation}" as=“item”>

• <f:switch expression="{item.languageUid}">
    <f:case value=“2”>
    <bk2k:var name=“languageTitle” value=“Dansk” />
    <bk2k:var name=“hreflang” value=“da-DK” />
    </f:case>
    <f:case value=“1”>
    <bk2k:var name=“languageTitle” value=“Deutsch” />
    <bk2k:var name=“hreflang” value=“de-DE” />
    <f:case default=“TRUE”>
    <bk2k:var name=“languageTitle” value=“English” />
    <bk2k:var name=“hreflang” value=“en-GB” />
    </f:switch>
    <f:if condition="{item.available}">
    <f:then>
    <f:link.page pageUid="{item.data.uid}" additionalAttributes="{hreflang: hreflang}" addQueryString=“1” addQueryStringMethod=“GET” argumentsToBeExcludedFromQueryString="{0:‘L’,1:‘id’,2:‘cHash’,3:‘no_cache’}" additionalParams="{L: item.languageUid}">
    {languageTitle}
    </f:link.page>
    </f:then>
    <f:else>
    {languageTitle}
    </f:else>
    </f:if>

• </f:for>

</f:if>

Thanks for the follow-up.

Okay, you are using the bootstrap package. (TYPO3 Extension 'Bootstrap Package' (bootstrap_package)) What version do you have?
Regards
Robert

Hi Robert,
Thank you so much for the follow-up.
I like your question because, I’m almost sure that my problem is related to the Bootstrap version.
Currently, I am using the version " bootstrap_package_11.0.0"
I know this version is only compatible with typo3 (9.5.0 - 10.0.99)
If I use versions 11.0.3 and above, I get the following error

(1/1) GuzzleHttp\Exception\ConnectException

cURL error 28: Resolving timed out after 10518 milliseconds (see https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html)

For which I cannot find a solution except to use version 11.0.0
Do you have any idea, please ?
thank you.

Hi Haroun,
I understand your problem. But you shouldn’t use “bootstrap_package_11.0.0”.
I’m an integrator and not an experienced developer, so it’s hard for me to help you with the “curl error”. I searched for the error message and found this old bug report: Bug #75757: FAL: Exception thrown if image for youtube video can't be fetched - TYPO3 Core - TYPO3 Forge. Maybe that’s helpful for you.
If you have a development site I would try to start with a clean system and then add the extensions and the content step by step.
I’m sorry that I’can’t help you more. It seems to me that this is a quite unusual error.

Hi Robert,
I would just like to inform you that I have now fixed the problem " (1/1) GuzzleHttp Exception ConnectException" it was a problem of my SSL/TLS and cURL configuration.
Currently, I moved to the “bootstrap_package_11.0.3” Unfortunately I still have the problem of the “Français” button that does not want to be fixed :frowning:
Thanks for the reading!

Hi Haroun,
I’m glad you were able to solve the curl problem. I wonder why you don’t use the bootstrap_packackage 12.0.4.
And a second question: Are you using a customized version of the language menu template in your sitepackage? If so, after upgrading the bootstrap_package 12.0.4., I would disable the custom template. That should hopefully solve your problem.

Hi Robert,
Thanks for the follow-up.
Unfortunately, all the most recent versions that 11.0.3 causes me a css error (Some parts of the site do not display well.)
This is why I did not use other than 11.0.3
Thank you very much.