The (official) TYPO3 podcast 2021

Application by
Jeffrey A. McGuire

What is your idea about?
"20-25+ Podcasts in and around the TYPO3 Project and related projects and communities.

• Podcast interview format with people from the community and related/parallel communities, experts, companies, open-source friends and frenemies, etc.
  • Every episode (e.g. 20-40 minutes audio + video) includes meeting the guest, talking about who they are, their background in and out of tech, stories, context, memories of and how they discovered.
  • TYPO3/open source/business, first and cool community experiences, how long have they been in the community, current projects, cool things they built in the past, etc.
  • Other formats, community guest hosts, presentations, specials, mini-series, TBD … some in progress!"

What is the potential impact of your idea?
"Beyond the software, our long-running open source project is a large diverse group of people from around the world. We feel that with the efforts to spread the word (and grown adoption) beyond our European core, the community and others who might want to join the community should get a chance to meet and get to know some of the hearts and minds behind TYPO3.

OSP Partner, host and initiator of the TYPO3 Podcast, Jeffrey A. ““jam”” McGuire has a long history of working at the interface between open source, culture, and business. He has an abiding interest in the human stories behind technologies: Who are we? Why are we doing what we do? What value do we deliver? How are we making the world a better place by sharing our best ideas with all comers? We’re bringing the stories of our vibrant professional community to light."

Who can / should implement your idea?
I will take care myself

Approximate Funds needed
€10,000 - €25,000

6 Likes

One or two podcasts project did exist over the years, definitely something I’d like to see coming back.

1 Like

Generally I like the idea.
However I would like to see a solution where the funding depends on actual output, e.g. a certain amount paid for each podcast published (invoiced quarterly).
In the past there have been various attempts (video recordings at developer days in Malmö, fireside chats in 2019) where a lot of efforts have been made with little or no outcome.

2 Likes