Prepare the official documentation for TYPO3 12 LTS on time

Application by
Lina Wolf

What is your idea about?
Update the official documentation to be ready to use for extension authors and venture some developers by the release of TYPO3 12.0.

Prepare the official documentation to be used by integrators and editors to be ready by the very release of LTS 12 by April 2023.

To achieve this we have to work steadily and integrate almost every changelog entry into the documentation on time. We have to update our example extensions such that they can run with the current main version of TYPO3.

What is the potential impact of your idea?
We had a budget to have the documentation up to date for the release of LTS 11 and it was a big success. Agencies start to use the most current LTS version of TYPO3 much earlier then they used to.

The biggest blocker for upgrading is still that needed extensions aren’t updated yet. We want to enable extension owners to update their extensions early. They should start working on it with the release of v12 and have it ready for productions by the release of the LTS 12 at latest. For this extension authors need to have a readable documentation with life examples early.

Integrators and editors need the information ready by the very moment they start using TYPO3, and that should be with the start of the lifetime of Version 12 LTS.

Who can / should implement your idea?
I will take care myself

Approximate Funds needed
€10,000 - €25,000

4 Likes

That is a must-have in my opinion!

1 Like