Mask + Mask Export

What is your idea about?
The learning curve for TYPO3 is considerably reduced and the latest standards are used.

What is the potential impact of your idea?
The two extensions, Mask and Mask Export, are for those switching from Wordpress etc., the extensions that will surely take TYPO3 a step further.

Who can / should implement your idea?
These extensions are already in the TER and just need to be sponsored.

Approximate Funds needed
€10,000 - €25,000

Application by
Eric Haake

1 Like

Do you have specific enhancements in mind? Or just for maintenance?

2 Likes

Same here. What needs to be done with 25.000 EUR? That’s quite a lot of money for an extension isn’t part of the Core.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for suggesting sponsoring mask. In fact, I was working voluntarily the last couple of months to improve mask a lot. We even released a new version 6 with some nice features like palette support. Every issue reported on github is resolved too. Tests were added and code quality improved overall.

There are still some missing features like:

• Duplicate elements
  • Sort elements
  • Display conditions
  • Show references of element
  • Export/Import single elements

Right now I am working on a complete rewrite of the mask builder, as the jQuery code is hard to maintain. The new one will be based on VueJs and it will enable adding new features to the builder more easily. Like undo/redo command, validating input and preview element.

I can imagine mask (and mask export) being some day in the core, but there is still plenty work to do.

1 Like

I very much like mask and the GUI idea behind it. Yet I would feel better if there was some kind of decision making process with the core team, which would then result in something like “yes, this is the way we want to handle creation of custom content elements in the future” to make sure we have a strategic plan behind it.

1 Like

Fully understandable, however we concentrate currently to ease the work below which means eg simplify tca, api. There is however one big initiative which thinks a lot about all those questions