Issue installing TYPO3 v12 with Composer

Hi Community!
I’m still on localhost with Linux and Apache. I followed the instruction with composer:
sudo composer create-project typo3/cms-base-distribution my-typo3-site "^12"
Composer created the directory structure as described. Because the whole structure have been created by root, I changed owner and group to www-data. Next, I started ./vendor/bin/typo3 setup, which ran without any errors.
I set the Apache document root to the TYPO3 public directory. When I open the link http://t3.localhost/typo3 I get the login window, But after login I end up on an error: Not Found. The requested URL was not found on this server.
I’m not able to open the Backend.
Any ideas? Any further information necessary to figure out my problem?
Thank you in advance.

Hi and welcome to the community.

Did you enable parsing of .htaccess files within Apache?
Also do you see a .htaccess file in the document root? If not, copy it: cp vendor/typo3/cms-install/Resources/Private/FolderStructureTemplateFiles/root-htaccess public/.htaccess.
That should hopefully do the trick. I expect that rewriting of speaking URLs to index.php is currently missing in your setup.

I hope this solves your issue.

Hi Daniel,
thank you. I have the .htaccess in place.
I have the following Apache conf file:
<VirtualHost *:80> ServerName t3.localhost DocumentRoot /var/www/typo3/mrinfosite-t3/public </VirtualHost> <Directory /var/www/typo3/mrinfosite-t3/public> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks AllowOverride All Require all granted </Directory>
But still the issue persists.

This link http://t3.localhost/typo3/login?loginProvider=1433416747 leads to the error.

I have no more ideas (not a server expert) but posted a link to your question in the TYPO3 chat (TYPO3 Support – Find Free and Paid TYPO3 Help) and got the following which I’ll quote:

• Apache2 modules missing (rewritr,action,setenvif,header,…)
• Configuration set to narrow down or ignore .htaccess files cometly (server config)
• some caching issues (opcache etc) depending on settings

I would add a specific test redirect jnto the root.htaccess and test it, sone temporary redirecr … and build it up with some.env checkings etc to.verify it.

In the end … apache loogsneeds to be checked to get a feeling whats happening.

Thanks to @stefan.buerk

Maybe this helps?

Hi Daniel, many thanks. Activating the rewrite module fixed my issue. Great!!!

1 Like

Glad we could help you :slight_smile: Have fun with your TYPO3 and don’t hesitate to ask further questions.