Integrate chatGPT into CKEditor

by Rostyslav Matviiv

What is your idea about?

it can help to generate content for specific
section on the page, grammar validation, translate
whole text etc. Integrate advanced functionality into CKEditor by adding custom buttons that leverage the capabilities of ChatGPT and other language processing tools. These buttons could enable users to generate text, check grammar, and translate content directly within the editor interface

What do you want to achieve by the end of Q2 2024?

pre-production version

What is the potential impact of your idea for the overall goal?

Better content

Which budget do you need for your idea?

5.000 Euro

2 Likes

Hi! Nice idea, but isn’t it already available in Netresearch’s t3_cowriter extension? If not, how is it different? :slightly_smiling_face:

Best wishes

Mathias

3 Likes

I also instantly thought about the cowriter extension. According to the talk which was held at Web Camp Venlo this weekend, a v12 compatible version of the cowriter is almost production ready.

And regarding translation there are already two DeepL extensions (wv_deepltranslate and dd_deepl) available.

3 Likes

I would be more concerned of privacy when you want to integrate ChatGpT. Or do you mean integrating the API from OpenAI?

1 Like

Good Morning,

Thank you Mathias for the feedback. As far as I know how the cowriter works, there is one button you click, then there is a prompt window where you type anything you want and then generated text is pasted into ckeditor. This is pretty manual approach and it is great for generating some new content.

However, in our case we can propose to have better integration like spell-checking, rephrasing, expanding or limiting the idea to the specific number of paragraphs or letters, translations and raw prompt is also possible like in cowriter

1 Like

Hello Ric van Westhreenen,

Thanks for your feedback,

We’re considering implementing a model-agnostic approach, allowing users the flexibility to configure their preferred API vendor (such as OpenAI, Anthropic, Cohere, Google, etc.) and choose the specific LLM that best suits their budget and requirements. This approach empowers users to tailor their selection based on their individual needs and financial considerations.

2 Likes

Thanks Peter,
Thank you for your feedback,

Yes, as I wrote to Mathias,

"As far as I know how the cowriter works, there is one button you click, then there is a prompt window where you type anything you want and then generated text is pasted into ckeditor. This is pretty manual approach and it is great for generating some new content.

However, in our case we can propose to have better integration like spell-checking, rephrasing, expanding or limiting the idea to the specific number of paragraphs or letters, translations and raw prompt is also possible like in cowriter"

Also in our eyes having one extension that does everything described in the above might be better choice.

While all those features sound nice, still there should be a cooperation between the cowriter and/or DeepL extension developers and your team instead of reinventing the wheel. If you could aggregate those approaches into a single AI-enhanced-content-production-extension, this would be worth even bigger or multiple bigger budgets over more than just one quarter.

1 Like