Increasing TYPO3's regional presence and availability

Application by
Mathias Bolt Lesniak

What is your idea about?
To continue TYPO3’s expansion internationally and increase our visibility it will be beneficial to know more about the time-limited opportunities present in regional markets and foreign languages.

The idea is to have agreement with dedicated people (community members and local agency employees) with local-language proficiency who can spend maybe an hour a week to monitor what is going on in the tech/CMS community and report and act on opportunities.

Opportunities could be:

• Events where TYPO3 should be present
  • Public discussions where TYPO3 can contribute perspectives
  • Information and marketing campaigns that showcase regional needs TYPO3 can meet.
  • Contribute constructive input on open source and TYPO3.

The person should be able to collect information and be a first line of response. Further action should be decided by the TYPO3 Association or Company, but that the local person can also help with advise and local assistance.

What is the potential impact of your idea?

• Increased knowledge of regional opportunities for TYPO3 Association and Company marketing and PR.
  • Increased visibility in potential growth areas.
  • Better and faster response in local areas.
  • Reduced cost and increased ROI on any campaign.

Who can / should implement your idea?
I will take care myself

Approximate Funds needed
€10,000 - €25,000"

As I understand your idea, this is about reaching out to people, that relay information about local trade fairs and conferences and the like. What would the funds be used for?

The funds would be used as a remuneration for the work and to cover practical costs, such as subscriptions. The monitoring and information relay will have to be stable, and acting on opportunities requires the task to be prioritized, so the remuneration is intended to give the job a priority at the workplace and secure quality.