enableRichtext flag not working on site_language field after Update to TYPO3 12

After upgrading TYPO3 to V12 i have trouble doing the following:

In my extension in the file Configuration/SiteConfiguration/Overrides/site_language.php:

$GLOBALS['SiteConfiguration']['site_language']['columns']['test_field'] = [
    'label' => 'RTE Field',
    'config' => [
        'type' => 'text',
        'enableRichtext' => true,
        'richtextConfiguration' => 'minimal',
    ],
];

Is this a bug or do i have to add some configuration so TYPO3 will add the module instructions for ckeditor in the SiteConfiguration Context as well?

I dont understand the formEngine very well, is it possible, that i need to manipulate this TYPO3_CONF_VAR config?

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['formEngine']['formDataGroup']['siteConfiguration']

So i came up with 2 possible solutions:

1. Override the SiteConfiguration/Edit Template: no, bad idea
  2. Add a dummy richtext field to the site record

Is this a bug? Shouldn’t it be possible without this hack?

Hi Philipp!

It looks like you have come across one of the limitations of the Site Configuration API:

However it is not possible to extend with complex TCA like inline relations, database driven select fields, FlexForm handling and similar.

Hacking it would be a recipe for problems down the road. Since the Site Configuration is accessible to admins only (and I assume you trust your admins), I guess you could use a plain text field and ask people to enter HTML. :innocent:

Best wishes

Mathias

No, i dont violate any limitation. RTE Fields in site_language worked in V11 without a problem.

I can make it work by adding a RTE field for site, then it will also work in site_language.

So this is simply a bug. It has to do with the migration to es modules. You are not able to load / modify the importmap after the initial page load. This is by design. So TYPO3 fixed the issue for TCEForms by addind the “backend.form” tag for JavaScriptModules. But there is no such tag for the Site Configuration. So this is simply a bug. Plain and simple.

Hacking it would be a recipe for problems down the road. Since the Site Configuration is accessible to admins only (and I assume you trust your admins), I guess you could use a plain text field and ask people to enter HTML. :innocent:

Not true. Not everyone who is allowed to make configuration in the site config module should now everything about HTML and typolink syntax and so on. Having an RTE helps a lot.

Hi Philipp!

I’m only trying to help. As far as I know, this is a limitation.

If you think it is a bug, please submit a bug report. :slight_smile:

Best wishes

Mathias

1 Like

Feel free to test the pushed bugfix at https://review.typo3.org/c/Packages/TYPO3.CMS/+/83000.

Could not apply the patch in V12, so i made the adjustments manually, the fix works! But i can not verify it because of the testing workflow.