Empty Page After Running Installation Wizard

I followed the Classic TYPO3 installation on linux using symlinks and shell access < Classic TYPO3 installation on linux using symlinks and shell access — TYPO3 Explained main documentation >_ to install Typo3 v14.3.7 but no success. I get an empty page at the moment it tells me to run the installation wizard by entering the webpage in your browser. I hope that someone can help me.

Error Message

[Fri Sep 18 13:55:43.951183 2026] [php:error] [pid 23144:tid 23144] [client 2400:cb00:1056:1000:ed4a:4ad6:7fc4:ab89:10968] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function TYPO3\CMS\Core\Controller\ErrorPageController::__construct(), 0 passed in /var/www/html/typo3_src-14.3.7/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Utility/GeneralUtility.php on line 2905 and exactly 4 expected in /var/www/html/typo3_src-14.3.7/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Controller/ErrorPageController.php:35\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/typo3_src-14.3.7/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Utility/GeneralUtility.php(2905): TYPO3\CMS\Core\Controller\ErrorPageController->__construct()\n#1 /var/www/html/typo3_src-14.3.7/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Error/ProductionExceptionHandler.php(61): TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility::makeInstance()\n#2 /var/www/html/typo3_src-14.3.7/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Error/AbstractExceptionHandler.php(83): TYPO3\CMS\Core\Error\ProductionExceptionHandler->echoExceptionWeb()\n#3 [internal function]: TYPO3\CMS\Core\Error\AbstractExceptionHandler->handleException()\n#4 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/typo3_src-14.3.7/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Controller/ErrorPageController.php on line 35

My folder structure:

root@myserver:/var/www/html# ls
FIRST_INSTALL myProject css index_old.php typo3_src-14.3.7 typo3_src-14.3.7.tar.gz
root@myserver:/var/www/html# cd myProject
root@myserver:/var/www/html/myProject# ls
index.php typo3 typo3_src

On my server runs:

  • PHP Version => 8.4.25
  • mariadb Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.11.14-MariaDB
  • Server version: Apache/2.4.68 (Ubuntu)
  • Ubuntu 24.04.4 LTS

Hey,

that could me many problems. Without further information it’s almost impossible to help that way.

Maybe try to go to install tool in browser (`yourdomain.de/typo3/install.php`). Follow the insturctions to get the login and clear all caches.

It’s also possible that an extension causes the error. Please check that only TYPO3 system extension installed for the moment. Then install other extension one by one.

And please check all paths, symlinks, etc … that there are no typo errors.

greetings,
Karsten

Update on this topic: Problem has been solved. The problems concerned Cloudflare.

First of all, I installed the latest version 14.3.7 by means of Composer

Secondly, I set up security certificate and private key on the web server and set SSL/TLS encryption mode: Full (strict) in Cloudflare.

And it works like a charm now.