Clear InstallTool Cache

By opening the back-end part of my newly installed typo3-website I get TYPO3 Exception 1588095936. The help page tells me to Clear InstallTool Cache. Google then tells me to do it in the back-end (catch22) or on the command line. That’s more like it, but it tells me that typo3 isn’t a command. Who can help me.

/home/cms/public_html/typo3/sysext/core/bin# typo3 cache:flush
Command ‘typo3’ not found, did you mean:
command ‘typop’ from deb terminology (1.13.0-2)
Try: apt install

Hey,

which TYPO3 version do you have installed? Before TYPO3 12 the command was `typo3cms`.

And for execution your example seems a little bit wrong. IMHO it must be like this:

`/home/cms/public_html/typo3/sysext/core/bin/typo3 cache:flush` (or `typo3cms` depending on your TYPO3 version) if you installed TYPO3 in classic mode.

Maybe TYPO3 docs can help: Console commands (CLI) — TYPO3 Explained main documentation

But I would say, there is an error in the docs about the command in versions <12. The command is there is still `typo3` instead of `typo3cms`.

greetings,
Karsten

Hi Karsten, thanks for your help. It is highly appreciated.

I am running Typo3 version 10.4.21. That would imply that I should use the command typo3cms, but in the before mentioned directory it only shows typo3

root@server:/home/cms/public_html/typo3/sysext/core/bin# ls
typo3

Executing the command brings me message:

root@server:/home/cms/public_html/typo3/sysext/core/bin# typo3 cache:flush
Command 'typo3' not found, did you mean:
command 'typop' from deb terminology (1.13.0-2)
Try: apt install

By the way, I can again log in the back-end. It’s magic :smiley:

I think no magic, I’m just guessing the cache were invalidated in the meanwhile.

Maybe there is another problem in your installation. Not sure. Currently we don’t have a TYPO3 10 instance running so I can’t check this. And normally we are using only composer installation. That makes it simple at many things. I didn’t working on classic installationo since years :slight_smile:

But fine that your site is ok now.

greetings,
Karsten

I’ve also come to the conclusion that the version is too old. I installed it by means of script. I uninstalled it by now. I’ve installed the latest version of Typo3 (v14.3.7) manually (classic). I also got stuck there. I get a empty page after “Open your web browser and navigate to your TYPO3 site”. What is missing now? But that’s for a new thread.