3rd level navigation for bootstrap_package?

Hello,

I have used the sitepackage builder to create a bootstrap site package. I noticed that I can see 2 levels of the horizontal menu while my page hierarchy has more. I discovered that if I set page.10.dataProcessing.10.levels = 3
it brings successfully the 3rd level children data (I see this using the
<f:debug title="mainnavigation">{mainnavigation}</f:debug>
added in the layout file. But of course they were not rendered anywhere.

I found some help here midide/typo3-v10.4-mulitlevelmenu: TYPO3 v10.4 Multi-Level Menu with MenuProzessor, jQuery v3.5, Bootstrap v4.5, SmartMenus v1.1 (github.com) and implemented those changes in my site package but while now the HTML contains the new 3rd level items (I can see the source of the page having the new ul and li’s, they don’t appear anywhere.

Does it seem like a CSS issue?

Ok, I made it work following these instructions: Ready-made TYPO3 menus! | copy & paste | with demo :: S. Klein (sebkln.de)

@jimbourekas can you give me a hint, how you exactly implemented the multilevels while still using the bootstrap_package? I’m currently using bootstrap_version 13.0.2 and fail to implement the multilevel menu.
Thanks for your suppport.

Hello Joerg,

I’m attaching a picture of the end result, showing the 3rd level.

2023-05-16 11_47_58-ΑνΑΔ and 5 more pages - Profile 1 - Microsoft​ Edge

To be honest, this project was a proof-of-concept for a customer that hasn’t moved forward since. So, it’s not easy to remember what I did. I’m sure that I went into bootstrap settings and set the levels to 3. That brought in the data for the 3rd level. After this, it was a matter of changing the html and css. Most interesting is the \Resources\Private\Partials\Page\Navigation\Main.html file that you have to override from the bootstrap’s extension.

I have the code in an extension so my guess is there are other things in there too.

Where are you stuck?

Regards,

Jim