Typo3 issue with legacy installation

Hello,

Typo3 v12.4.14 throws an error 500 while trying to access setup page via browser (Ubuntu Server v22.04, Apache, PHP v8.2)

[php:error] [pid 1588] [client 192.168.0.2:49801] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Typed static property TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::$packageManager must not be accessed before initialization in /var/www/html/typo3_src-12.4.14/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Utility/ExtensionManagementUtility.php:111\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/typo3_src-12.4.14/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Utility/GeneralUtility.php(2613): TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::resolvePackagePath()\n#1 /var/www/html/typo3_src-12.4.14/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Controller/ErrorPageController.php(46): TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility::getFileAbsFileName()\n#2 /var/www/html/typo3_src-12.4.14/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Utility/GeneralUtility.php(2985): TYPO3\CMS\Core\Controller\ErrorPageController->__construct()\n#3 /var/www/html/typo3_src-12.4.14/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Error/ProductionExceptionHandler.php(63): TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility::makeInstance()\n#4 /var/www/html/typo3_src-12.4.14/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Error/AbstractExceptionHandler.php(72): TYPO3\CMS\Core\Error\ProductionExceptionHandler->echoExceptionWeb()\n#5 [internal function]: TYPO3\CMS\Core\Error\AbstractExceptionHandler->handleException()\n#6 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/typo3_src-12.4.14/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Utility/ExtensionManagementUtility.php on line 111

Hi Janek!

Welcome to TYPO3!

Is this a new TYPO3 installation or did it work previously? What URL are you accessing when you get this error message (you don’t have to include the domain)?

— Mathias

It’s new installation, I’m trying to set up the TYPO3 on a local network without domain and access it via http://192.168.0.7/

Hi Janek!

I presume you are using the TYPO3 v12.4 install instructions in the Getting Started guide. At which step in the process are you currently?

For example, are you getting this error when accessing http://192.168.0.7/typo3/install.php for the first time?

— Mathias

I’m using this guide and did all steps.

Hi Janek!

Ah, sorry about that. I misunderstood.

As the documentation says, a non-composer installation of TYPO3 is “now considered out of date, users are strongly encouraged to use the Composer based Installing TYPO3.” I would also highly recommend installing TYPO3 using Composer.

However, even with a non-Composer installation, you will probably get somewhere by following the Composer-based installation guide from the Access TYPO3 via a web browser section.

Hope that helps! Let me know how it goes.

— Mathias

I am having the same problem with a legacy installation for TYPO3 13.

What I did:

• composer create-project typo3/cms-base-distribution typo3 "^13" to create project in /var/www/html/typo3 (works without errors)

Then I just try to access it on my server and I get a 500 error (same result for / or /typo3/install.php).
Looking for some logs I found this in the php-fpm www-error.log:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Typed static property TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::$packageManager must not be accessed before initialization in /var/www/html/typo3/vendor/typo3/cms-core/Classes/Utility/ExtensionManagementUtility.php:72
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/typo3/vendor/typo3/cms-core/Classes/Utility/GeneralUtility.php(2438): TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::resolvePackagePath()
#1 /var/www/html/typo3/vendor/typo3/cms-core/Classes/Controller/ErrorPageController.php(47): TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility::getFileAbsFileName()
#2 /var/www/html/typo3/vendor/typo3/cms-core/Classes/Utility/GeneralUtility.php(2809): TYPO3\CMS\Core\Controller\ErrorPageController->__construct()
#3 /var/www/html/typo3/vendor/typo3/cms-core/Classes/Error/ProductionExceptionHandler.php(63): TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility::makeInstance()
#4 /var/www/html/typo3/vendor/typo3/cms-core/Classes/Error/AbstractExceptionHandler.php(76): TYPO3\CMS\Core\Error\ProductionExceptionHandler->echoExceptionWeb()
#5 [internal function]: TYPO3\CMS\Core\Error\AbstractExceptionHandler->handleException()
#6 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/typo3/vendor/typo3/cms-core/Classes/Utility/ExtensionManagementUtility.php on line 72

My environment:

• AlmaLinux 8.10
  • PHP v8.3.7
  • composer v2.7.2
  • Apache

After setting up some remote debugging I found out that there was an exception happening during the Bootstrap process which said something like “could not create file”

So I have redone the file permission for the whole typo3 folder with

chown -R myuser:apache typo3

(or whatever username your server has, mine was apache)

Now the setup works!

1 Like