Accessibility Team

Application by
Michael Telgkamp

What is your idea about?
Improving the awareness for accessibility of TYPO3 developers and being distributor and experts for accessibility questions.

What is the potential impact of your idea?
TYPO3 needs to become accessible. The Accessibility Team tries to improve the accessibility by providing the monthly Accessibility Hour for education and Q&A and by organizing an Accessibility Sprint in 2022.

Who can / should implement your idea?
I will take care myself

Approximate Funds needed
€10,000 - €25,000

3 Likes

The agencies are more challenged by the needs to create an accessible frontend then an accessible backend. The latter is obviously not reasonable for a single client.

Sidenote: it will help to answer general questions about a11y in the Slack a11y channel. So far the a11y team is single-mindedly focussed on the BE. Actually work on anything besides the new page module.

How would the Q&A differ from the efforts mentioned here Accessibility best practices guide for TYPO3 ?

I find this very important. To grow our community and our user base, we need to make sure to not exclude users with bad accessibility. (This also is important in certain contracts where accessibility is required.)